Friday, October 12, 2012

Brooklyn Bridge Park


The first thing I did when I got to New York was go for a run.  I'm staying with a friend from high school who lives right at the end of the Brooklyn Bridge Park System.  It's still in progress, but it's a gorgeous trail with amazing views of the Financial District, the new Freedom Tower in progress, and even the Statue of Liberty from a few places.  

The weather has been nice and I've had a few more opportunities to run there.  This is a required activity as I need to counterbalance the insane amounts of food I've been eating!  Between snacking on night shifts, NY pizza and food trucks, it's a miracle if my jeans will fit by the end of this month!

There's the new Freedom Tower @ 1 World Trade Center, under construction, to the right of center.  When completed it will be 1776' high.  The tallest building in the western hemisphere.

Now I'm off to an overnight shift.  Thankfully it's the last one I have this month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment