Saturday, June 16, 2012

Deep breath...

Today was the day I was scheduled to take my USMLE Step 2 - the first of the two licensing exams I need to take this year in order to 1) graduate from an osteopathic medical school and 2) be competitive to apply to MD-accredited residency programs.  So I left the house in what would be plenty of time to get to the testing center in any normal city on a Saturday morning.  But in Pittsburgh, there are always different plans.  So of course I hit major traffic.  Construction at the Squirrel Hill Tunnel...

I called the testing center to make sure it was OK that I got there a little late and they informed me that they were having computer problems, and I would basically be right on time.

However, when I got there, these computer problems were MAJOR computer problems that took TWO hours to fix.  Which meant that my 8-5 test turned into a 10-7 test!

But patience is a virtue, and I survived through the whole thing and only lost concentration at the very end.  So, let's hope they have all the computer glitches fixed by the time I have to take the second half of these glorious exams on the 27th.  Thankfully, this is the last time I have to take BOTH boards!  Or so I think...

2 comments:

  1. A patient is what you will have when these tests are all over. Patience is a virtue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you're talking about. It's not like I've had almost an entire bottle of wine or anything ;-)

    ReplyDelete