Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day of rest? I don't think so.

So I decided to get a mud bath today.  Not really, but that's how it ended up!  Since I'm in Atlanta this month, I planned on coming home to Charlotte to run the Warrior Dash with my friend Jenn and her friends Heidi and Maggie.  I did one last year, but I don't remember it being this intense.  Above is how we looked afterwards, but look how pristine we were beforehand.
 It's a 5k race with 14 obstacles along the course:  11 of which I can remember... (apparently I've blacked out the other 3 because they were so terrible)
1. Climb over 15' rope wall
2. Mud pit (I kept falling and falling and falling, it was awful)
3. Balance beam
4. Climb over abandoned cars
5. Up and over cargo nets
6. Climb  another 15' rope wall, then slide down a stripper pole (no joke, this was the scariest, by far)
7. Swim through muddy pond
8. Slip 'n slide
9. Climb 15' rock wall
10. Jump over fire
11. Mud pit and crawling under barbed wire.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was barbed wire until I grabbed it with my hand - oops.  Hope there's no flesh eating bacteria in the water.
Yuck.

But all in all it was a really fun day!  I came home and took a long bath and still had to scrub and scrub to get all the dirt off!  And then I took a nap...

What race should I do next?  Preferably one that doesn't include mud.  Or barbed wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment